Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to School

My boys finally went back to school today after having six days off. They had two snow days last week, which lead into President's Day weekend. It was really noisy here yesterday and I was ready to send them back to school to get some of their energy out.

During the peace and quiet this afternoon, I got a chance to do the Viva La Verve challenge and the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 100 from Friday.


The first one is the Verve sketch. I used the Up Up and Away set from Verve. The design paper is from Creating Keepsakes. I paper pieced the balloon with polka dot paper.


The second card uses Bakery Business from Taylored Expressions. I pulled out some of the Basic Grey Origins paper because it reminds my of my grandmother's kitchen wallpaper when I was a child.

Well school is almost over and the chaos is about to begin again. I'll be back again soon with some more goodies to share.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Both are such wonderful cards!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Fabulous cards! Your balloon card is so beautiful. The colors are yummy and fun. I really adore the balloon image too! :)