Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Snow Day

Well we have another snow day today. We got about 7 inches last night before rain and sleet came in this morning. Now it is snowing again and we are supposed to get another 8 to 12 inches maybe more. One good thing about snow is that I was able to sneak away and make a couple cards.

The first one is for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club. The challenge this week was to use the Love Bird set (which I don't have), use Chocolate Kiss Paper or embellishments, make a Valentine, and use one of Kim's three sketches. I used the tree from Tea with Flopsey in place of the tree in Love Birds and added some leaves and flowers. The ribbon is also from MFT and is called royalty ribbon. It is the most beautiful satin ribbon. The sentiment is from MFT's upcoming release called Sentimental about You.


This next card uses Sketch 267 on Splitcoast. I used the new set Bakery Business from Taylored Expressions along with this yummy paper from Doodlebug Designs. The ribbon is from MFT. I added Stickles to the pink icing and Glossy Effects to the top of the pie.


I sure hope the kids are off from school tomorrow too or I will have to find a way to get 48 cupcakes done for their Valentine parties tomorrow. Since we are under a blizzard warning today, I suspect school will be canceled. Hopefully they will decide early instead of waiting until 5am like the usually do.

1 comment: