Saturday, April 2, 2011

MFT Guest DT Challenge April 2011

This month's Guest Designer Challenge for MFT is on. The theme for this month is Shabby Chic. Not a style I do too often, but I gave it a whirl. I think I may have worn my good scissors out with all that distressing.

For my card, I used the April sketch from SFYTT. The design paper is from My Mind's Eye Stella Rose collection called Hazel. I used some CTMH Grey Wool paper for my base and stamped my image in CTMH Grey Wool ink. I colored her with Copics. The whole care is generously inked with Bamboo ink from CTMH. I added the Sheltering Tree Die-namic layered with mini silk flowers and mini pearls. The grass along the bottom is a scrap of the negative side of Grass Die-namic that I had in my scrap pile. Along the bottom of the card I used three ribbon roses from a Tim Holtz ribbon collection I had stashed away and added three larger pearls in the centers. The cute little Pure Innocence girl is from the set "You're So Tweet."

After a busy couple of days, it will be nice to hang at home tonight and watch movies with the hubs after a yummy dinner at Chili's though!

No comments: