Sunday, February 27, 2011

MFT Guest DT Challenge

Don't adjust your screen! This one is in black and white. The theme for this month's guest designer challenge from MFT is to get Die-mensional by adding dimension to your card using Die-namics.

I used the Decorative Doily and Decorative Lace Edge Die-namics, as well as the new Music Notes Die-namic that came with the March VIP kit. The main image is from this month's VIP kit as well, called "Who's That Musical Girl?" The kit also came with Music Note Die-namics that I accidently threw in the trash. Once I realized they were missing I had to search the trash for the packing slip that they were taped to. Disaster averted! The background paper is from the Take Note digit paper pack from MFT. This was a first for me using a monochromatic color scheme for my coloring. I am usually a bold color girl, but this time I used all my grey Copic markers to color her in black and white. The black layer behind the image is surrounded by tiny rhinestones. Both the black satin ribbon and the pleated ribbon are from MFT as well. One of my favorite things on this card is the silver mesh flower. It came in the mail this week with my order from Close to my Heart. It is a beautiful shimmery silver in person.

I'll be back tomorrow with this week's Wednesday Stamp Club card.

No comments: