Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MFT Guest Designer Challenge and then some...


This weekend was the beginning of the Guest Designer Challenge from My Favorite Things. This month's theme was "Recipe for Love." The challenge was to use ONE design paper, TWO cardstock colors beside the neutral base, and THREE embellishments. For my project I used the new Wings paper pack from Close to My Heart. I paired it was Vineyard Berry and Sweet Leaf cardstock. For my three embellishments, I used rhinestones, flowers, and ribbon. The stamps include "Key to My Heart" a la mode and "Clearly Sentimental about You." Of course I just had to use some Die-namics as well. I used the Mini Rolled Rose die, the Layered Label Die, and the Dainty Dots Border die. Since the theme was "recipe" I decided to make a box instead of a card, the perfect place to put all the love notes from your sweetie!


For my next card, I used Polka Dot Greetings to complete the Mojo Monday sketch from this week. I pulled out the Curio paper pack from Basic Grey as my design paper and paired it with Hot Fudge and Wild Cherry cardstock from MFT. I used the Flower Border Die-namic along the curve and filled the centers with red crystals. To add a little pop, I made a flower with the Rolled Rose Die-namic from the MFT felt and added some branch punches on either side.


My final card today is a sympathy card from my friend, Kim, whose dad died yesterday. Again, I used the Curio paper pack from Basic Grey layered with Kraft and Hot Fudge cardstock. For the main image, I used the Flower Silhouette Die-namic and stamp set and colored them with Copics. The sentiment is from Verve's "Notes of Prayer" stamp set. I also used the Flower Border Die-namic again and filled the holes with pearls. Ivory ribbon from MFT's Royalty Ribbon Nest completes the card.

Well since most of the east coast of the US is being hammered by a major winter storm, stay safe and stay warm!

1 comment:

Chris said...

this box is gorgeous, I love that flourish of bling.