Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches 166

Hello!  Welcome to another edition of Tuesday Morning Sketches.  We have an awesome sponsor this week:


Paper Pretties was generous enough to give the DT their choice of digital images to play with as well, so be on the lookout for some great images on the DT creations this week.  Now, here is the sketch:


For my card, I used the Paper Pretties image called Warm Wishes.  It appears that Jessi and I have the same taste because we both picked the same image to work with.  I just love snowmen and this year I am going to try to get a jump on making Christmas cards since I failed miserably last year.  Luckily I still have all the cards I made last year and never sent to help with this year's list.  All of the DP is from the My Mind's Eye paper pack called Be Merry.  I flipped the sketch upside down and put my pearls at the top so that I could add a banner edge to the bottom.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to check out the rest of the TMS Design Team's blogs and see all of the yummy goodness.


8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dawn, your card is fantastic! Love the pink snowflake and your coloring on the snowman is amazing! Good idea to turn the sketch upside down for the banner tail. :)

Angela said...

Hi Dawn, I really like how you have turned that center panel into a banner and I love the non-traditional Christmas colors...so cute! (I am really wanting to start on some Christmas/Winter cards...can't wait to break out the snowflakes and glitter!)

Debbie said...

This is so cute!!
I still have cards that I made last year because they were too embellished to mail! :/

Laura said...

Great idea to do a banner for the center! Cute image, and I love the colors!

Jessi Fogan said...

Geez, great minds think alike! I love how you glittered this guy all up, and I LOVE that patterned paper!

Theresa said...

This is just so darling! I love the polka dotted paper. Great snowman!! Love the snowflake too.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, what a sweet image. I love the papers you used.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Dawn, i think i have this paper too..what a super idea..i love how you cut out the snowman to fit in the circle! I think i am using this idea coming up soon. :)