Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Day of Sketches

As a mom of boys, I walk a fine line when it comes to cards, especially Easter cards. Boys are not big fans of pink or any other pastel color either. It is truly a shame since I have the most adorable Easter stamps with little girls on them. So what's a mom to do? Improvise!

I used the adorable little girl stamp called Warm Fuzzies from MFT and turned her into a boy. No cute pink bunny suit for this one. I paper pieced a yellow bunny suit, colored over her heart shaped barrette, and gave her longer boy hair. One other thing...NO PINK. The background paper is from Doodlebug Designs and I added a hint of spring with Die-namics Butterfly, Flower Border, and Grass Border. I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch and substituted the bunny for the circle.

For the next boy card, I used an old Stampin' Up set called Loads of Love and filled the truck bed with Easter eggs. For this, I used paper from Crate Paper. I followed the sketch from this weeks Card Positioning Systems sketch.

Last card of the day was this week's Tuesday Morning sketch. I used the sentiment from the Verve set called Up, Up and Away set along with the Kite Die-namic. The baker's twine that I used is actually from a bakery. I saved it from our trip to Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss) last summer so it might still have cake on it. Yum!

That's it for now. Stay tuned though, hopefully I will have time to do the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch today.

No comments: