Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches 153

Happy Tuesday!  Today it is time for another great sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  Our sponsor is Meljen Designs.  Here is the sketch.


I loved this sketch, but I hate circle cards, so...I added the circle on top of a square card.  This cute image was a freebie from Meljen Designs.  I thought it was perfect for the day before July 4th.  The circles were cut with Nestabilities.  The stars are cut with Die-namics dies.


That's all for me today!  Have a great July 4th!

**edited to add**  I totally forgot to mention that Tuesday Morning Sketches is pleased to announce four new DT Members.  Please welcome Bonnie,  Debbie, Jessi, and Laura.  Stop by their blogs and leave them some love!

8 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

LOL! I think I said in my post it's my second circle card ever? Definitely not a favourite :)
Love the stars & the fun flag!

Debbie said...

Wonderful card, Dawn! I love the little star accents!
Happy 4th to you!!

Laura said...

Great patriotic card! I'm with you...circles are not my favorite card shape! Love how you made the sketch work for your card! Looking forward to working with you at TMS :)

Grandma Bonnie said...

Dawn, are we having fun, yet? Yes we are..super cute card! Perfect for this week's challenge!

Melissa Craig said...

What a super cute card Dawn. I love the patriot theme and the circle on a square card.

Theresa said...

I'm with you Dawn - I don't like circle cards either. I love what you did. When I saw your card I had to laugh because I was going to do the same thing (hehe)!! Your card is just awesome.

Angela said...

Darling patriotic card, Dawn! You have no idea how badly I wanted to plop my circle onto a square card! LOL

Cheryl said...

Fab card! I love all those stars. I have GOT to get some star dies!!! I'm with you on circle cards. I think I've only made one or two and I never have a moment where I have a hankering to make another one.