Friday, February 22, 2008

Ribbon Cards



I was asked to design two cards to try-out for a ribbon company's design team, so these are what I came up with. These are cards three and four, as cards one and two didn't quite measure up. The first card uses Key Lime and Buttercup CS and white grosgrain ribbon. I used a button as the center of the flower and then used Waxy Flax to string beads from the holes of the button. The ribbon along the bottom says Spring. The second card is woven with hot pink and green gingham ribbon and white satin ribbon. The image in the center is Kinibella by Stamping Bella. The CS is Ocean by CTMH. I did a lot of research to see how to use ribbon on a card and it seemed like everybody used the same techniques, so I decided to step out of the box and make the ribbon more of a focus. It was kind of fun to let my imagination run wild. I will post the two rejected cards later. Even though they did not make the cut to send in, they really are cute cards.

No comments: